18 Mar How to make yeast-free pizza
The recipe step by step to prepare the pizza without yeast is easy and will surprise you! You will not get a high and soft pizza inside like the classic homemade pizza but, a delicious yeast-free pizza that is lighter and more digestible than the traditional one, low and thin, with a crispy rim, golden on the edges, and with a well-cooked bottom. : really yummy!
- 300 gr flour 0
- 160 milliliters natural mineral water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- to taste durum wheat flour
- 300 gr pulp tomato
- 300 gr mozzarella cheese
Preparation of the pizza without yeast
1) In a bowl, sift the flour, make a hole in the center to form a fountain, and add salt, water, and extra virgin olive oil. Start kneading and knead until you get a smooth and elastic dough.
2) Form a ball and cover the dough in a bell shape or wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest for at least 60 minutes.
3) After this time, take the dough and divide it into 2 loaves, flour the top with the semolina and proceed to roll out each one with your hands until you get a thin round base. If you have a baking stone, place it in the lower part of the oven and heat the oven to 250 ° C . If you don’t have the stone, arrange the pizza bases on a baking sheet before seasoning.
4) Season the dough with tomato and mozzarella for a classic Margherita pizza or leave room for your imagination!
5) With the help of a shovel, place the pizza on the refractory stone and cook it for about 8-10 minutes. When the dough is well colored, take out and serve your yeast-free pizza very hot.
The toppings for pizza without yeast
There are a thousand ways to season yeast-free pizza from the more traditional ones: tomato and mozzarella, ham and mushrooms, with grilled seasonal vegetables, four pieces of cheese, and walnuts, or frankfurters for the little ones; to the more Mediterranean versions, for example, with fresh cherry tomatoes cut in half, Taggiasca olives and a few sprinkles of Genoese pesto after cooking.
But, for this yeast-free dough, avoid too heavy ingredients! If you like pizza with tomato, you can use the pulp, passata, or a fresh tomato. Just distribute it evenly over the dough, leaving at least 1 cm of the free edge. Add the ingredients you want on top: anchovies, capers, olives, ham, mushrooms, basil, oregano. Sprinkle everything with extra virgin olive oil before baking your pizza. If you are looking for new and original ideas to season your pizza or you want to experiment with new combinations.
Yeast-free pizza with baking soda
If you want a softer yeast-free dough, you can try adding a little baking soda to the flour, you will only need 1 teaspoon, remember not to add salt.
For a healthier version, you can replace half of the 0 flour with wholemeal flour.
Finally, you can prepare the pizza without yeast also in a mini version, perfect for a drink! In this case, roll out the dough with a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter to make the discs to be seasoned to taste, and then bake the pizzas on a pan with a greasy bottom: if you are looking for ideas to prepare colorful pizzas.
How to bake yeast-free pizza
There is a trick to cook pizza with or without yeast to perfection like a real Neapolitan pizza: the refractory stone! A particular plate made with natural material and suitable for food, which, when placed in the oven and heated, reaches high temperatures (400 ° C), although your oven can only reach 250 ° C: the high temperatures are also ideal for cooking bread or focaccia. Furthermore, being the porous stone, it lets the humidity generated by the dough pass, making cooking uniform and crisp, just like a real pizza should be! But, if you don’t own the firestone it doesn’t matter! You can bake your pizza without yeast in a pan …. you just need to heat the oven very well!
This yeast-free pizza can also be cooked in an electric pizza oven, which is an increasingly popular household appliance.
Pizza without yeast cooked in a pan
The beauty of this yeast-free pizza is that it can even be cooked in a pan. To do this, use a non-stick pan, and roll out the dough, as usual, taking the width of the pan as a reference.
The pan should be lightly greased using paper soaked in oil, and then scaldanta. Put the rolled-out dough in the pan, cook for a few minutes, then turn it over. At this point, you can season the pizza and finish cooking.