03 Oct How to cook gluten free pasta in the microwave
Before you begin, read the cook time instructions on the pasta package and then subtract two minutes. This is your cooking start time. In my experience, gluten-free pasta rarely sticks to the cooking time on the package, so it’s best to start checking a couple of minutes beforehand to make sure you don’t miss the window and the pasta goes down to jelly or mush.
A pasta made from corn and rice flour, specific for people suffering from celiac disease or wheat allergy. It doesn’t take much to make a delicious first course at home, without giving up the flavor of the classic Sunday dish.
I enriched the fusilli with a simple tomato sauce, a light béchamel with water, without milk, cooked ham, and cheeses.
The result is super greedy: a crunchy crust and a stringy and delicious filling!
- Very easy
- Very cheap
- 15 minutes
- 25 minutes
- 500 g pasta
- 350 ml Tomato puree
- 1 clove Garlic
- 250 ml water sauce (or classic)
- to taste Salt
- 100 g Cooked ham
- 70 g Grana or Parmesan (grated)
- 100 g Scamorza (provola)
- To prepare the baked pasta without gluten, start with the preparation of the tomato sauce:
- Fry the garlic clove in a drizzle of olive oil in a saucepan. Then pour the tomato puree, add salt and cook for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a pot full of salted water to a boil and boil the gluten-free pasta for the time indicated on the package. In the end, turn off the heat and drain.
- Pour the fusilli into a bowl and toss with the tomato puree, the water bechamel, the chopped ham, the grated cheese, and the diced provolone (keep a little for the surface).
- Pour the pasta into an ovenproof dish, level it, and season with the rest of the cheeses.
- Transfer the dish to the oven and cook the baked pasta without gluten at 190 ° for about 25 minutes.
- In the end, take the gluten-free baked pasta out of the oven and serve it hot and stringy.